Here are the Ingredients:
4 skinless chicken breast cubed
2-3 potatoes (depends on how much you would like) peeled and cubed
3 stalk scallions chopped
1 onion chopped (half of onion for seasoning and other half used for frying)
3 cloves garlic ( you may add less if you prefer, I like the addition of extra garlic)
3 tablespoons curry powder (preferably Jamaican)
1 tablespoon thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch of chili pepper (optional)
1 cup water
1 cup coconut milk (optional- you may use an extra cup of water instead)
1. Wash and chop the chicken into small cubes.
Chop scallions, onions, and garlic
2. Season the chicken with the above ingredients, apart from the potatoes, water, and coconut milk. Refrigerate chicken for about half an hour so it can be marinated with the seasonings.
3. In a large pot or frying pan, heat oil over medium-high.Working in two batches (if needed), brown chicken about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Reduce heat to medium. Add the other half of onion a little bit of curry, salt,thyme, 1/2 cup of water and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened.
5. Add the potatoes, cup of coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, and chicken with its accumulated juices. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover partially, and cook until the sauce has a thick consistency. Remove from heat and serve with rice!
This time I added extra water so the sauce won't be as thick and it still tasted quite delicious. Here's a pic of that.